Departure from Johannesburg – We will collect from Johannesburg (JNB) Airport – O.R. Tambo International Airport or any other destination in and around Johannesburg. We will drive along a scenic route to Numbi Gate of the Kruger National Park. We use Numbi Gate, as it is the closest gate from Johannesburg. The duration of the drive will be anything between 4 and 5 hours, it all depends where the departure point is.
Departure from Nelspruit – We will collect you from Nelspruit Airport – Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (MQP), or any other destination in and around Nelspruit. It is not a long drive, and we will make use of any of Numbi, Phabeni or Malelane Gates of the Kruger National Park, it all depends on the departure point. The duration of the drive to the Kruger National Park would only be between 30 and 60 minutes.
Departure from Maputo (Mozambique) – We make use of a Shuttle Service that departs from Pestana Rovuma in Maputo at 06h00 in the mornings. We will drive straight to the South African Border Post, and the drive to the Kruger National Park is only 30 minutes from there. We will make use of the Crocodile Bridge Gate of the Kruger National Park, as it is the closest gate to Maputo. The total duration of the trip from Maputo to the Kruger National Park is only about 2 hours.
Your Open Safari Vehicle and Guide will wait for you at the Gate or somewhere close to the Kruger National Park, where you and your luggage will be transferred to the Open Safari Vehicle. Your Kruger Safari will start as soon as we enter the Kruger National Park. After the Safari, towards the evening and before gate closing time, we will arrive at the Rest Camp, where you will book in and freshen up before dinner.
Day 2 and Day 3:
Your Kruger Safari will start very early in the morning, as this is the best time to see the elusive animals of the Kruger National Park, especially Lion and Leopard. We will start our day with a cup of coffee or tea and rusks or biscuits (cookies), and make sure that we exit the Gates of the Rest Camp as soon as they open to start the Safari. Starting our Kruger Safari, we will visit rivers, waterholes and lookout points in search of the BIG 5, and other animals that you might want to see. We might even visit the Waterhole where the famous Battle at Kruger took place. As we are in constant Radio Contact with other Open Safari Vehicles, we will also ask for any updates regarding any special sightings. After the Morning Safari we will stop at a Rest Camp or Picnic Site to enjoy a scrumptious breakfast, before we carry on with our Kruger Safari and only return to the Rest Camp later for lunch and a short siesta. After your break and in the afternoon we head out for another Kruger Safari.
This would your last safari day inside the Kruger National Park, and we will again start very early with a cup of coffee or tea and rusks or biscuits. After a short safari we will stop at a Rest Camp or Picnic Site to enjoy Breakfast before we start heading our way to the Gate where you will exit and return to your destination.
Please go to Kruger Safari Packages and look at Kruger Park Safari Types to see the different types of Accommodation that we offer inside the Kruger National Park and Pricing to see the different rates for the various departure points.
Included in this Safari:
- Return Transfers to and from the Kruger National Park;
- Open Safari Vehicle and Personal Guide for the duration of your Safari inside the Kruger National Park;
- 3 Nights Accommodation (as per your chosen option) with Dinner and Breakfast;
- 1 sunset or Night Kruger Safari;
- Entrance Fee into the Kruger National Park and all Conservation Fees;
- Bottled Water available for the duration of your Safari on all the vehicles.
Not Included in this Safari:
- Lunch, except with the Luxury option;
- Drinks with Dinner, except with the Luxury option where you will receive wine with your Dinner.
- Sunset Kruger Safari (own expense);
- Night Kruger Safari (own expense);
- Guided Walk (own expense);
What to Bring:
- Warm Clothes. Bring extra warm clothes with – even in Summertime it can get chilly on the early morning, sunset, and night Safaris.
- Sunblock or sunscreen. The sun can get really hot during the days safari and special care should be taken.
- Flashlight. It is advisable to use a flashlight when you walk around inside the camps when it is dark.